IT downtime is costing enterprises $700 billion dollars per year. Over half of North American businesses still don’t have a proper recovery solution in place. According to a study by IHS, companies average around $1 million to $60 million of downtime costs every year. 78% of that loss was employee down time, as well as 17% of revenue loss, and to fix the issue accounted for 5%. What could SD-WAN do for these companies?
These statistics support the major increase in SD-WAN appeal. SD-WAN (software defined WAN) allows business managed networks more flexibility. Bandwidth is more efficiently used and allows for high level application performance while lowering costs. Deployment and management are very easy and much less expensive than conventional WANs.
SD-WAN key features include:
• Dual-WAN Uplinks aggregate all WAN connections to distribute traffic over multiple pathways with built-in load balancing and auto-failover.
• Real-time Voice Failover prioritizes VoIP traffic and routes calls over the cleanest ISP connection to eliminate dropped calls, choppy sound quality and echoes.
• Bi-directional QoS optimizes bandwidth in both directions for optimal application performance.
• Application Performance Monitoring assesses the performance of critical applications with the ability to alert IT staff.
• Centralized Monitoring and Management simplifies the deployment and management of branch- office WANs.
• Managed Firewall leverages CPE appliances and central management to act as the first line of defense against intrusions and other network threats.
• Unified Threat Management provides comprehensive, multi-layered security that safeguards a business’s network and information assets against viruses, malware, and emerging cyber threats.
Hosted and Cloud Services
The networks that run a business are as important as the applications used to operate them. Hosted VoIP and Hosted Email cloud services are resilient and allow companies to continue running despite human error or disaster. Cloud Hosting allows servers to go offsite. Hosted Data Backup provides backup for both PCs and servers, protecting all business data.
There are many cloud providers to choose from. Trust Access Tech to save you time and money by getting to the right one for your business now.